In the last year, i have presented a number of workshops on Social Media to help businesses to understand Social Media and it’s impact on our lives and business environment.
It is time for another one of these workshops. And if you still wonder how Blogging, Facebook and Twitter can be of value in your business, this one is for you!
The workshop will look in more detail at the following aspects
- The philosophy of Social Media.
- Why a business should care about Facebook with practical tips
- Understanding Twitter and how to use it effectively
- The basics of Google Analytics and how to implement it on your blog/website
- Q & A
- Introduction: The difference between conversational- and broadcast-communication and why it is time for your business to focus on engaging in conversation and stop merely broadcasting a message.
- Facebook: See the business purpose that Facebook has, apart from a personal communication tool. How to share information in a way that utilizes the network-effect of Facebook to increase the reach of you message. The differences between profiles, groups and pages will be explained to show the benefit and purpose of each.
- Twitter: What is Twitter and why it should not be ignored. A systematic look at setting up you account, modifying your profile to optimally make use of the available options. Step by step explanations of how to tweet, re-tweet, direct message, mentions and searching.
- Google Analytics: The reason why analytics is a vital part of a Social Media strategy. How to set up an account and make sense of the data.
When: 01 March 2012
RSVP: Bookings close 23 February 2012.
Price: R1150 (Includes 2 course set lunch, cash bar, water, tea, coffee and snacks during breaks.)
Venue: Lord Charles Hotel, Somerset West
Time: 8:30am – 5pm
You do not have to bring a laptop, notes and pens will be provided
ONLY 27 seats available